Sunday, January 8, 2012

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

I recently started doing some workouts from bodybuilding.com.  This has been my first experience lifting weights or even going onto the "boy" side of the gym.  After 4 weeks of 2-3 weekly workouts, I have discovered that I LOVE lifting weights.  It feels so good.  It's satisfying to walk in with a plan (I am using the Jamie Eason Live Fit plan) and complete it well.  Now that I (mostly) have the workout portion of my life under control, I am set to tackle the diet part of my life.

Today I made a recipe suggested from my workout plan.  Target and Walmart were both out of ground turkey and ground chicken, so I had to go to a different Walmart later in the day.

I made a rookie mistake when making my muffins- I had put in all my spices and looked down to realize I was holding a tablespoon instead of a teaspoon.  Not really sure how that happened...I tried to scoop out the extra, but the muffins are a little spicy.  Zing! 

Here is the recipe (from bodybuilding.com):



Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

Calories: 80
Fats: 2 grams
Carbs: 4 grams
Protein: 11 grams

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins 


Ingredients:
Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
  3. Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
  4. Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
  5. Bake for 40 minutes.
    Makes 12 muffins.

    Serving Size:
    Women: 2 muffins
    Men: 4 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment