Today I made a recipe suggested from my workout plan. Target and Walmart were both out of ground turkey and ground chicken, so I had to go to a different Walmart later in the day.
I made a rookie mistake when making my muffins- I had put in all my spices and looked down to realize I was holding a tablespoon instead of a teaspoon. Not really sure how that happened...I tried to scoop out the extra, but the muffins are a little spicy. Zing!
Here is the recipe (from bodybuilding.com):
Turkey Meatloaf MuffinsCalories: 80
Fats: 2 grams
Carbs: 4 grams
Protein: 11 grams
- 2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dry yellow mustard
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
- Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.
Women: 2 muffins
Men: 4 muffins