Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowmageddon Continues

Everything was closed again today.  Lucky for us Lee has four-wheel drive and we were able to get out and about.  It's funny that going to Walmart can be so exciting.  (Side note: Were you aware that they unhyphenated the name?  Go here to read more.)  We spent most of the day at his parents, watching Top Chef and discussing wedding details.  Lee's sister is getting married in May and I am her matron of honor.  I am seriously excited.  I am about to jumpstart planning her personal shower/ bachelorette party, so if you have any suggestions, please send them my way.  Lee is supposed to be a groomsman, but at this point it's up in the air whether or not he will be there.  He will be done at bootcamp but have a week or so before technical school starts.  His wedding attendance is dependent on the higher-ups in his officers, and we are praying in faith that he can be there.


I got this hat in Alaska a few years ago.  I love the bright colors.

Taking care of the birds.

Somehow we ended up without any soda in the house.  I had been cutting it down to 12 ounces or less a day...but as you can tell, I jumped right back on the caffeine cab and loved every second of it.

The view of our house from the main road.

The pasture by our house.  I think it is for sale.

The concrete company.  I bet it looks extra spooky at night with all the snow.

Handsome man.

My job is closed again tomorrow.  It will be our final paid snow day.  If we are closed more this season, they take the time out of our annual leave... which I say "Boo" to.  I am trying to save my vacation time up to visit Lee when he is in San Angelo for techinical school this summer.  Supposedly if I can make it in to the center I could work, even if the school is technically closed.  Which I guess doesn't sound so terrible really.  It would give me a chance to catch up on miles of paperwork stacked up and waiting for me.  And I could deep clean and sanitize the room and the toys.

I didn't work out today.  Maybe I will do some squats and push ups or something, but I didn't even attempt to do a workout.  I am lazy today!  And cold.  I will run tomorrow like a good girl.

What do you guys do to pass the time?  I'm not too bored yet.  Mostly just enjoying being still and not rushing from one place to another.  I have cleaning and homework and organizing and scrapbooking and correspondence to do.  But I kind of think I should capitalize on this chance and either do something really fun or do nothing.  Hmmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment