Friday, February 10, 2012

Bedroom Makeover

While Lee was at technical school, his aunt and cousin helped me do a bedroom makeover.  We needed one DESPERATELY.  Two days before he left for basic training we got a king sized bed from his parents.  Which was awesome...except a king sized bed didn't fit in our bedroom.  So Lee built us a frame and we put it in the craft room/ office room/ whatever else we could shove in there room.  His grandparents gave us a comforter and a set of sheets, and we were good to go.  Right?  Except no.  Aunt Debbie and Danielle (his oldest cousin) are amzing with home decorating.  Like it should be their jobs.  Let me prove it to you.

Here is the "before":

 You like our lovely green paint?  When it was our random room, a friend gave us her leftover nursery paint.  We figured it was good for a craft room.  Who knew it would look so super special with the green paint?

The shelves in the pictures are actually made from the walls of the sauna/ old baptismal pool from my church.  From waaaay back in the day.  Lee had made them for me and I loved them.  They got relocated to our living room during the makeover.


 I sleep with a silk pillowcase.  Anyone else?




The "during":

I adore the paint color.  It is one of my favorite things in the room.  Lee's cousin Derek and his wife came over to do the paint.  Since we were just doing the two walls, it went super quick.



 I don't think there's a thing that I don't like in the room.  The mirror, the chandelier pictures, the sparkly lampshade....  They even made the headboard on their own.  Derek supermelded it to the wall, so it may be there if we ever move.

 The "after":





I LOVE MY NEW ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have the best in-laws.  I am incredibly blessed.  The best part of this whole thing is that we got to surprise Lee with it after he had been gone for six months.  Awesome.

Thank you, Aunt Debbie and Danielle (who even went shopping in Texas for me), as well as Derek, Molly, Cory, Danae, Sue, and Gary.  It's perfect.

2 comments: