Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Vegan Green Bean Casserole

The main dish at bible study this week was a pasta bar (which was a very fun and new idea). Lee and I decided to make a green bean casserole, which is one of his favorite side dishes.

I found an awesome Pioneer Woman recipe on her website that involved bacon. I think my husband would love it. However, I decided to search for a version that I could actually eat.

I found the recipe by a simple Google search. I just love Google. I pretty much followed the recipe as is. Well, I followed it some. I used frozen onion (which I didn't measure out) and canned mushrooms to save money and to make my life easier as I was cooking at my in-laws' house. I accidentally bought herb and spice chicken bouillon, so I didn't add much other seasoning. I used two cans of green beans instead of one. I also didn't really know what size of fried onions to get, so I used two of the bigger Walmart brand bags. I think those are all my changes...
















I think the recipe said to mix it fast as it would coagulate, but I saw no coagulation occurring. Since the final product was good (better than normal, in my opinion), I think it's ok.

Yay for a successful dairy-free recipe!!!

http://www.godairyfree.org/Recipes/Sides/Green-Bean-Casserole-Vegan.html

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment