Saturday, January 16, 2010

Big Blister Time

Hello all!
This morning I set my alarm for 7 (which is often when I get up during the week) to get up to run.  This may come as a shock to you as I really love to sleep in, but I was really excited for my early Saturday run.  I read that the OKC Half will start at 6:30, so I am going to try not to start any long runs after 7:00.  I had set out my clothes last night planning on running the track around the softball field, but woke up to a dreary, drizzly, dark morning.  I'm not really sure how the Nike+ chip works in the rain since I have it tucked into my shoe laces instead of under my shoe sole.  So I settled for another boring run at the gym.  Boo.  I ate half a Clif bar, woke up my husband, and off we went.

The run itself was fantastic.  My brain was energized and clear.  My legs felt strong and capable.  My hair stayed out of my face and my headband stayed on my head.  Amazing.  Something out of sync with my run was the slow, peaceful music of the yoga class going on at the gym.  I realized that everytime I ran near them that my pace slowed.  I was getting sucked into their vaccuum of tranquility.  I would like to go back and take that class sometime- it looks hard.

Anyway, I made 6.02 miles in 1 hour, 2 minutes, and 18 seconds. Whoot Whoot!!  And now the bad news...I developed two, count them two, blisters on my right instep.  At the very end of the last mile I felt like my Nexcare bandage was rolling up inside of my shoe.  I had less than half a mile left and figured I'd just go for it since it didn't hurt.  Big mistake.

I couldn't get a very good picture of it, so you'll have to imagine with me my two overlapping blisters.  Anyone with any advice is more than welcome to share.

Now my foot hurts.  And my hamstrings.  But it is all so worth it.  I feel great and I'm so proud of myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment