Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mail Call

When I got home from class Tuesday night and checked the mail, I had a package!  I love getting mail.  Any kind of mail (ok, except for bills.  Those I could do without.  In fact, when the mail is full of bills, I have been known to just dump them on Lee's desk unopened and run the other way.)  But this was a package from a company I'd never heard of, so I was really curious to see what it was.

As I ripped it open, a tshirt fell out.  And not just any tshirt.  An OKC Memorial training tshirt!  I guess I had purchased it when I signed up for the half and forgotten about it.  (I also must have not understood that I was ordering it, because I don't think that I would have chosen to spend my money on a shirt that says I'm "in training" for a race.  But oh well.)  I've been wearing it to every run, and I do feel like it's a little motivational.


Look at my awesome tshirt!!!  Go, me, go!!


A pic pre-run today.  Today was my first official day of being part-time at work.  It's amazing.  I slept in.  I got to run in the middle of the day.  I've been studying for my midterms next week.  I'm blogging.  Yay!  I thought about cleaning the house.  (I'll get to that when midterms are over, haha.)  I will probably have to develop a general plan for my days "off" and treat them like a job still, or else I'm going to waste those days.  Any suggestions for setting a schedule to get my homework done, the house cleaned, and a meal prepared?  I'd also like to run/ workout on those days.


So apparently this is my new signature pose, with my right knee all kicked out and sassy.  This is me at the softball park after my run.  I ran slow both times this week.  Not purposefully, but that's just how it ended up.  Today was four miles in 42 something minutes.  I really want to join the 2:15 pace group at the race in April, so I'm going to try and step it up a little.  Anybody know anything about pace groups?


Tonight Lee and I are going to have dinner with a couple from our LIFEgroup.  We haven't hung out with them in awhile, so it should be fun.  I don't really know her that well, so it will be nice to deepen our friendship.  Where should we eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment