Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What It's Worth

The air conditioner at work is broken:




Which led to this being a viable option to beat the 112 degree heat:



Which caused me to seek out a cold dinner, which I rarely, if ever, do. Tonight's dinner had a theme... Dairy and chocolate. Dairy, which I am not allowed to have (bad lactose intolerance, bad) and chocolate, which I probably shouldn't have (bad Katherine, bad).




I ate two bowls of cereal and felt very satisfied. Like deep in my core, let a loud sigh escape, completely satisfied. Yum.

After I ate my cereal and reclined on the living room floor aimlessly browsing through Netflix trying to find a funny tv show to watch, I finally decided to run. I ran on th treadmill in my game room, and it was hot in there!

Here is my mid-run sweaty face:



If my calculations are correct, I did three miles in 32 minutes. Which is about six minutes faster than Saturday...so maybe my math was wrong? (I walked the first .27 miles in 5:07 minutes and then my final time was 37:14 for 3.4 miles).

Post run sweat and delirium:





Tonight was the first run in over a month that felt good. My ankle bothered me a little, but my brain felt clear and my muscles felt loose. This was the first run in soooo long that didn't feel like torture. It reminded me why I like to run. It gave me the push I needed to keep going.

I also tried to do the Ab Ripper X video from P90X. Some day I will make it further than 5 minutes into that video. But today is not that day. Tomorrow's not looking so good either.

Tonight just felt right, you know? Good food, good workout, good company (hey, I am excellent company!). It feels nice to have a spot of peace.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment