Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to the Running

I went running for the first time since May on Monday.  It was awful.  And by awful, I mean really, REALLY awful.  It hurt.  I had side stitches.  I had to take walk breaks.  I ran at the gym and I thought the Zumba girls were mocking me with each pass (eleven laps to a mile.)  It took me 28:19 to do two pathetic little miles.

But today was a new day.  My first mile came in at 10:45, which is close to normal time for me.  I walked some on the second mile, but still came in at 22 minutes, which I think is pretty sweet.

The best part is that I'm starting to feel like "me" again.  With just two runs under my belt, I already feel like a runner again.  My headaches are gone, and my mood has swung from depressed to much happier.

Have you ever gone back to running after time off?  What are your tips to help me get back into the swing of things?

No comments:

Post a Comment